Sunday 17 July 2011

Lightsaber fights, laugh out loud moments, and all the while darkness looms amid the lapse in posts...

See, a more interesting title. Nothing compared to Tora's creations, but I'm working on it.

Apologies, of course, for not posting in so long, I'm trying to come up with some posts that will keep you occupied...a few reviews in the works, some ideas for featured memes, but otherwise I'm going to be more like twinsister dearest and be spontaneous, not talk about books so much, and just relax and enjoy blogging :)

I've been feeling a bit down today, so I thought posting might cheer me up a bit...(and now, it's not a bout of my usual simple pessimism, but I can understand if you're skeptical xD) I hope I don't spread my depression onto all our lovely (if somewhat still non-existent) readers...

Well, nothing much has been going on...we're still writing, as always, and recently I've got into a bit of a poetic streak...now, to be fair, most of them are terrible - mainly they're hyperactivity-fuelled late night rants that make no sense - but there is one that I do like...I'll post it here to make this update something more substantial than just a rambling ecuse for not being around on the blog lately...


The Lightning Strike

Dedicated to Nate, Grace, and especially Tora - a more poetic interpretation...

The lightning flashes
The crack of the whip in a silent crowd
Tears that pour like unstoppable rain
Thunder sounding, pounding, rolling
In the dark sky
The heat becomes suffocating
While ice forms on the earth
cacophony consumes 
Fear that spreads, a wildfire
Panic fills every thought
A last desperate message
To loves lost and far away

By the time the storm passes
A captive released
Runs
But is too late
Cradles hope that has turned cold
Fury at the force behind it
Screams of pain that go unheard
Time doesn't matter
Nothing matters anymore, not after this
The unnatural storm has taken everything
The rare joyful times so short
Happiness could never come again

And then
Like a phoenix from the ashes
The first sight of the world to the blind
Flickers of movement are seen
In the distance and so close
Rising through a thick settled mist
A will to survive,
To live, to come back home,
Has overcome this, the worst of trials
Spirits have gone
But the one who has returned
Reaches up 
to touch 
his face.


Now, I don't know much about poetry, and it could go against the laws of physics for all I know, but it's a rework of a scene Tora and I wrote together, hence the dedication - and really, right now I really do like it. It turned out different and better, hopefully, than I'd first thought, so I hope it'll be worth putting up here...

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've made it this far, you might as well look through the blog archive...