Saturday 5 November 2011

It's A Feast of Stolen Goods Today (OK, that was a crazily obscure reference to one of our earliest posts...)

Continuing...

See title. Might as well do my own version of what Tora posted....'tis fun! Also 'stolen' but not from Alice's iPod.

 "Always assume you're being watched. That way, when people start shooting, there's no need to be alarmed."

"Life is always better with a soundtrack." (Actually, this is one of my own.)

"And shall I die - and this unconquered?" from 'Tamburlaine' by Christopher Marlowe - or my mate Kit, as I like to call him. (Have I mentioned how much I like the film Shakespeare in Love? Except Gwyneth Paltrow. I CANNOT STAND Gwyneth Paltrow most of the time. *shudder* Too much airy-fairy and not enough kick-ass. But I digress. She is all right in SiL. However, Joe Fiennes is simply unbelievable...in a very good way.)

"How do you come up with ideas?" - "By sheer perseverance to the point of madness." Charlie Chaplin. Highfives, Charlie! A perfect excuse to lock yourself in a room for eight hours trying to think of a path around writer's block.
"Anybody can make the holes. Only the Swiss can make the cheese." I don't have a clue who said this (except Joe Craig, whose website I found it on) or why they said it, but it can be interpreted in too many ways not to count for some kind of inspirational quote.

"Everybody lies." - Dr Gregory House, from House. What more can I say?

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've made it this far, you might as well look through the blog archive...