Thursday 16 June 2011

' "You've got the killer instincts of a houseplant," he groaned, covering his face. '

That is a quote from a book I have just added to my To Get As Soon As Possible/To Be Read/To Be Obsessed Over Until I Get My Hands On Them Book List. It's called Starcrossed, and it's by Josephine Angelini. And I seriously cannot wait to read it.

There are currently 35 titles on the list-

Scratch that, 36.

And those are only the ones I've been able to think of. Needless to say I will probably sit bolt upright at two o'clock in the morning and whisper/shout the name of some book that alludes my highly confused/busy/meandering mind at this moment. And then I will proceed to knock over a series of books, half-empty glasses, technological devices, and various other junk that continually obstructs my way to pen and paper...I always leave some on the shelf, but are both ever there at the same time when I need them? Nope.

Among the treasures on the list are Sing Me To Sleep by Angela Morrison (it's supposed to be a huge tearjerker...I can't remember the last time I actually cried at a book. I don't know if that's a bad thing or a good thing...), the Angelfire books by Courtney Allison Moulton, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (I have heard brilliant things about this book!) Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (this is one subject that my dear sister and I disagree on. She hated Shiver, but I really, really liked it. I haven't read it in a while so I couldn't comment on whether I love it any more, but once upon a time I did. I hope I still do. But anyway, I've been waiting FOREVER to get the sequels - you like what I did there, Stiefvater fans? - and I think I am probably going to have to fork out and buy them, because I'm just getting too impatient...), Losing Faith by Denise Jaden (again, probably going to be a tearjerker at times...but the other elements of the story might balance it out, and I'm definitely looking forward to getting my teeth into it), and so many other YA fiction novels...if I order all of them at the library, the YA section is going to be considerably larger by the time they all come in.

I am resisting the urge to put a smiley face at the end of that paragraph....the best way to do that would probably be to either finish or write some more; I think I'm going to indulge and do another few, teeny-tiny sentences.

So, I'm going to keep digging for more insanely good books to read. Mostly I've been getting them from other blogs (I promise we will start doing some memes and links to our favourite blogs, soon!) and from book-ish spirits like myself...if this blog ever becomes like some of the ones I read (i.e hugely successful; a book blogger's Bible; some place where I'm getting so many books mailed to me to review that I can do an In My Mailbox post; or just a place where people go to and look forward to reading new posts....and seeing tidbits from stories Tora and I are writing...HA. YEAH RIGHT.) I hope we will be able to advise people looking for books like I am now...

Anyway. I should probably get going, and stop rambling about blogging dreams and ambitions. I genuinely enjoy writing the blog even if no one's reading it...but it would be nioce to get the occasional comment...*batters attention-seeking self*

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've made it this far, you might as well look through the blog archive...