Monday 26 December 2011

Music Monday 13 (and 14)

Uh oh, unlucky number. Guess I'm going to have to write up two to make it okay again...

I know Christmas is actually over, but here are some (sort of) Christmas songs that I've been enjoying recently...


Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson

What a combination! I never realized how similar their voices are before now, but it's really clear in this duet...Never one I would have put together, but I'm ohhh so glad they did! Perfect Christmas song if you don't want to be bombarded with cheesy lyrics and too many trumpets. Understated, elagant, sweet, sad - what more could you want?



And the second song: Walking in the Air cover, by the excellent Ryan Sheridan

Talk about contrast! Originally a song that made me cry every time I heard it, I can now listen to it in full and feel cool about it! Not to disrespect the brilliant vocals from The Snowman, but I think this version is really unique and again, brings a non-Christmassy element to a very Christmassy song - talk about a free pass for a guilty pleasure!

Hoping the music brightened up your day,

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've made it this far, you might as well look through the blog archive...